BLADDER & BOWEL
We take a detailed history of your problem and figure out what are the contributing factors and advise how best to manage your problem. Here are some common complaints we see:
- Urinary Urge Incontinence – Urge incontinence is not being able to control holding on to your urine when you get the urge to empty your bladder.
- Urinary Stress Incontinence – Stress incontinence is when your bladder is put under pressure quickly with a cough, sneeze, laugh, jump or run and you leak urine. You can leak either a small or a large amount.
- Overactive Bladder – This is when you go to the toilet too frequently and don’t hold a large volume of urine.
- Painful Bladder Syndrome – This is when you experience pain in your bladder which is relieved by emptying your bladder.
- Bowel Dysfunction – Faecal Incontinence is a lack of control of your bowel movements to a small or large extent. Constipation is a common cause of pelvic floor dysfunction causing urinary and pain symptoms. We work with dieticians with a BSc in Human Nutrition & Dietetics. We advise about defecation dynamics and advise you about how to relax your pelvic floor.